Monday, January 05, 2009

New Year's Resolutions 2009

Yesterday I sent a message to some of my friends. The message as below:

“New Year is coming! Do you have any New Year’s resolutions? Tell me if you have, I want to pray for you! And I will tell you mine if you told me! Hehe! Let’s do it together!”

I always like to do something different to others. When everybody is forward the New Year wishes message, I was thinking to do something DIY. Here come to send a message to ask for their resolutions for the brand new year, and pray together with them, and do together with them, and we can encourage each others. Not just wanna do something new, but really want to pray for them and encourage them. As I share in the article before, I don’t join any ministry yet in KL. Therefore, care for all of my friends is the only ministry that I am able to do now. And I think this is much more important that all the events and program that I done before, to care for those I love.

But quite disappointed, out of more than 100 people I sent, just around 10% reply to me. Some tell me through MSN, “I don’t have New Year’s resolutions ma!” Ok, I accepted the reason. Some just reply me by a forward message and wish me Happy New Year. I wonder whether they were really read through my message? And some even never reply anything. It’s ok. My intention is just to show my care to them, and I have done my part, their respond not under my responsibility. But sometimes after received cold respond, I will wonder, was I done a foolish thing in people’s eyes? Was I disturbed them with this message/action? Was I done a right thing? Of course the intention is good, but was I use the right way to show my care? But thanks God, when somebody told me, “thanks brother! I felt warm of your message!” I know, I should be doing the right thing.

According to Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary 7th Edition, resolutions mean “a firm decision to do or not to do something”. But mostly all of those who replied to me were to tell me their New Year’s wishes. Haha. Some told me their prayer items. Make me wonder, was I used the wrong word?

Anyway, the main purpose of these messages I sent is to pray for them, so, I accept all! Thanks for those who were replied! I will pray for you all.

Here is the collection of all the messages I received. To keep their privacy, I just use the last four digits of their phone number to represent them. If you know someone of them, please pray together with me. You can do it so even you don’t know them. For those who not yet reply, you can reply to me, I can update yours into this list.

New Year’s Resolutions & Prayer Item of my friends:

0559: Jesus is the answer. He is the answer and solution of all questions and problems of every area in life.
1028: Wish I graduate this year, get a secure and good paid job that fulfill my potentials. Love myself and family and friends more, good health, forget the and leap forward with faith, and also me with God.
1068: My resolution is my spiritual life stability and growth in Him, my thesis, my health and my way in front. Am I too greedy?
1164: Keep fit loh. Hope I can find direction in serving God in my church. Hope I won’t give up easily because of some obstacle. And lastly find my future partner.
1688: I want to obtain first class honour! Pray for my final year project.
2237: Pray for my family. Hope God will bless them and have opportunity to listen to gospel. Secondly is my future. Hope God will lead me to the way under his blessing. Third, peace. The last one is my relationship.
3132: Hey, no a specific one, really leh....Also didn't go and think. Just in mind is study only.
4857: Pray for my future direction, memorize bible verse, daily time with God to be improve.
6260: Pray for my career path, health in body and spiritual, my wedding and God’s ministry on hand.
6418: I need a good healthy to serve God better.
6601: Pray for me that I can merry xxx on xx/xx/xxxx, because xxx and my lucky number is x and x.
6706: Pray for my family – my wife and my son. Pray also for the alumni movement this year.
8500: I wish to have a nice job and I can enjoy my working life, most important is wish all people live healthy and happiness!
8672: I got many. I pray that I will be more like Christ! Sensitive in doing his will and work with right heart. These two are most important.

Now is my turn!

Recently I read again the book (Pat Gelsinger, Chief Technology Officer @ Intel). This is a useful book to help us how to balancing our life in serving and working. And in the Chapter 2, the author shows the example on how he prepared his Personal Life Statement. So I also prepare my Personal Life Statement as below:



《我的个人使命宣言》
Personal Life Statement

使命:我要做在任何地方都能正面影响人的基督徒,要管理好神赐给我的各样恩赐,并擅用它去赚取更多回报天父。我要尽量地燃烧自己,去完成神要我在世上完成的工作。
Mission: I want to become a Christian that able to influence others positively, manage all the spiritual gifts that God entrusted to me properly and use it for the glory and kingdom of God. I want to sacrifice all of my life to accomplish the mission that He entrusted to me.

行为准则:(我坚持的事,代表我这个人的价值观)
Standard of My Behavior: (The behavior that I insist, which is my personal moral value)

我会:I will

1. 成为世上的灯塔。我不要成为蜡烛或是油灯,因为它们很快就把自己燃烧完毕,我要成为灯塔,为茫茫人海中寻找方向的人指引通往耶稣的方向。(太二十八18-20)
I want to become the light house of the world. I don’t want to be a candle, or an oil-fired lamp, for they will consume very soon. I hope to become a lighthouse, show the way to Jesus to the seekers. (Matt 28:18-20)
2. 绝不安于现状,我要做带来改变的人,我要求进步。
Never be satisfied of what I have or who I am now, I want to become a person who bringing changes to my life, as well as to others. In other word, always improve myself.
3. 尽力去做每件事。(西三23)
Do everything with all of my hearts. (Col 3:23)
4. 勇敢地接受新的挑战。
Take the new challenges with courageous.
5. 谨言慎行。(雅三6)
Be careful of my words. (James 3:6)
6. 不轻易放弃,持久,忍耐。(罗五3-5)
Never give up easily, endure and persevere. (Romans 5:3-5)



目标:(我要完成的事)
My Goal:

我要:I want to

1. 成为杰出青年,成为众青年的榜样。
Become a good example of youth/ teenagers.
2. 成为杰出的电影/电视工作者,让全世界看到马来西亚的作品。
Become an excellent movie/drama producer, to introduce our local products to all around the world.
3. 在每一部自己的作品中传递耶稣的福音,让更多人认识耶稣基督。
Spread the gospel through my works.
4. 栽培及造就更多的基督青年,成为他们人生旅途中能够互相扶持的人。
Disciples and develop young Christians, become Barnabas in their life.
5. 不断读神的话语,至少一年能把整本圣经读完一遍。
Hunger for God’s word, read through the bible at least once in a year.
6. 背经,两天至少一节新的经文。
Memorize bible verses, two days one new verse.
7. 不断阅读,每天至少阅读一页书。
Keep the habit of reading every day.
8. 成为代祷勇士。
Train myself to become warrior of prayer.
9. 操练奉献的心志
Train and keep the heart of giving (Financially).

Please pray for me, brothers & sisters. I know some of you might think, it is hard to keep the resolutions until the end of the year. I also have the same feeling. But, we human, we learned from one failure to one failure. Maybe you failed to keep it last year, but why not we continue to train ourselves to keep it this year. I think, by pray together and encourage each other more often, don’t you think it will have a higher possibility to keep it until the end of the year?

Finally, I want to wish you all a very happy new year! May you grow in wisdom and I favor with God as you grow in stature.

3 comments:

PeteR said...

Happy new year to u too!

keep it up. Take care always~

God Bless~

Rhythm MP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jiamiin said...

好像没有收到你的sms哦!哈哈哈
新的一年,有新的展望,那是很好。
会失望因为期望。
彼此代祷是很好的鼓励。
很多的大事都是由小事开始。
有时该低头看看自己是否忽略了?
有些是你心里有个声音告诉你该做,但是却没做。。。

我也很想在教会侍奉,也希望你的新的一年里加油,努力侍奉。

更加爱主。



以马内利~